• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Protecting the Pentax eyepiece (1 Viewer)

neil calabro

Hi everyone,
I own a Pentax PF-65ED-A II Angled 65mm ED Spotting Scope with a Pentax SMC 6.5-19.5mm XF Series 20-60x Zoom Eyepiece. I would like to find a way to attach a cap to the eyepiece (permanently) that is removable in the field. Pentax provides a cap but it falls off with little vibration and is not attached to the scope. Any ideas? Thanks!

When I owned that scope, I found that zipping up the stay on case was the best way to cover the e/p when not in use and only use the cap on it in storage.

By the way, it's a fantastic scope but the e/p you have is not the best. I used the XW14 fixed 28x which is amazing. I hear the 20x is also superb. I never tried the other zoom (8-24mm) but have heard that it is excellent too.

When I owned that scope, I found that zipping up the stay on case was the best way to cover the e/p when not in use and only use the cap on it in storage.

By the way, it's a fantastic scope but the e/p you have is not the best. I used the XW14 fixed 28x which is amazing. I hear the 20x is also superb. I never tried the other zoom (8-24mm) but have heard that it is excellent too.
Hi thanks for your response. My scope did not come with a case/bag.

Ah! Maybe you can buy one somewhere. It's a good easy to use thing and worth having for its protection, I think. My scope looked almost new despite me not being the first owner and me giving it some hard use. The case took all the wear as it almost never came off the scope

Other than that, some sort of home made cap with a tether tying it to the e/p is all i can suggest.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back