• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alexandrine Parakeet - Amsterdam (1 Viewer)

Captain_of_Crunch

YVdpep_re64
It looks like I will have a few hours to spare in Amsterdam at the end of the month, and would be interested in looking for Alexandrine Parakeet. Does anyone have any information as to how reliable the Vondelpark is for the species? Are there any better sites?

Checking waarneming.nl yields only a very small number of records for Amsterdam in general.

Although I have never seen them (did look for them once), they should be best at Arboretum "De nieuwe ooster", Oosterpark and Vondelpark in Amsterdam and Randwijck in Amstelveen. Oosterpark and Vondelpark seems like the best given the amount of sightings here (apart from waarneming.nl). Vondelpark however is much bigger than Oosterpark, but I'm not familiair with their population density in either park.
Also, don't mistake Ring-necked Parakeets for Alexandrine.;)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the information nbalblas. None present in the Oosterpark, but two flocks of 24 birds in total seen in the Vondelpark. I will post a trip report in the next few days.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back