• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cornish seabirding (1 Viewer)

Paul
It appears to be password protected. How can I access it? I am coming down to Cornwall to do some watching in the middle of August and would really appreciate being able to see what's being seen - if that makes sense!
Thanks.
Coolbirder

Hi Coolbirder

Just request to join the group and I will accept you a member. It will feature what we see from our forthcoming pelagics.

cheers

Paul

This week in our waters there has been Cory's, Sooty and Balearic Shearwaters as well as Sunfish, Common, Risso's and Bottlenose Dolphins, Harbour Porpoise and Minke Whale! The pelagic season is about to begin and sea is 21' C, warmer than normal for this time of year.

This week in our waters there has been Cory's, Sooty and Balearic Shearwaters as well as Sunfish, Common, Risso's and Bottlenose Dolphins, Harbour Porpoise and Minke Whale! The pelagic season is about to begin and sea is 21' C, warmer than normal for this time of year.

Last Monday I saw 5 Cory's Shearwaters from the Scillonian just after passing the Wolf Rock lighthouse on the way into Penzance - so about 6p.m - beautiful crossing many groups of Manx sitting in the sea as we approached.

Hi Jon

Seems a lot of bait fish in that area at the moment. Literally thousands of Manx there from the Scilloniian on Wednesday with a Sooty and a brief view of a Minke Whale. Balearics there today. Out there again tomorrow so fingers crossed for a Cory's or two.

cheers
Paul

A great trip today with 8 Cory's, 5 Greats and 1 Balearic Shearwaters. Also 2 distant large shearwater sp. 2 Black Terns, 15 Storm Petrels, 20 Common Dolphins, 5 Harbour Porpoises and 3 Ocean Sunfish. Ring 07901 731201 for availability of places on future trips.

Attachments

• Corys.jpg
    Corys.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Great.jpg
    Great.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 104
One of 4 Cory's today while working on the Scillonian III. Looking good for this Saturday's Penzance Pelagic.

Attachments

• Scillonian Corys.jpg
    Scillonian Corys.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 130
We have finalised dates for 2015 pelagics on Mermaid II and are now taking bookings. 8 hour trips for £70 leaving at 8am from Penzance harbour on Saturdays 25th July, 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th August. Call 07901 731201 to book.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back