• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3 Lord Howe Island birds for DB (1 Viewer)

ptilinopus

I posted this species photo to the gallery (http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/data/528/24493Lord_Howe_White-eye_LHI_.jpg). It hasn't turned up in the Database (yet) - is this automatic or manual daily? There is no other photo of this species in either gallery or DB as yet.

Also here is photo of the Lord Howe Rail, and of Wedge-tailed Shearwater, both also not in the DB. Are photos of chicks of interest? I also have one of a Wedge-tailed Shearwater chick (not loaded). All were taken in Feb 1980 - a bit old!

Do these uploads automatically get place also in the gallery? Or should I upload them separately there some other day?

Thanks,

Colin Richardson (ptilinopus)

Attachments

• Lord Howe Rail (LHI).jpg
    Lord Howe Rail (LHI).jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Wedge-tailed Shearwater (LHI).jpg
    Wedge-tailed Shearwater (LHI).jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 138
Hi there.

The White-eyed and the Rail have been added. I see there is already a [jpyp in the database for the Woodswallow. Thanks very much :t:

It is always helpful if you can let us know, in this forum, when you have added a bird to the Gallery that is not in the database.

Thanks KC for the post. Yes, I saw the White-eye in the DB - but the Rail didn't show up. What about the Shearwater?

I have since posted both the Lord Howe Rail and the Wedge-tailed Shearwater in the Gallery.

Many thanks,

ptilinopus

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back