• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swifts gone, Winters on its way again. (1 Viewer)

Still present over the river Ness and firth shores. Swallows are massing this evening down on the farms.

84 birds heading south between 6 and 7pm, followed by 51 Swallows before rain stopped our watch.

House Martins and Sand Martins still in abundance.

One over my patch at Chelmsford in Essex about half an hour ago, I thought I'd seen the last of them so was really good to see one.

Just when I'd given up hope on seeing another swift this year, I see one still flying around over Monaghan town centre this morning. A very late record for here.

Si.

Saw a few Swallows and a large group of House Martins over my patch here in Essex at the weekend. No swifts that I could see though.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back