• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Heated bird feeders (1 Viewer)

do re meep meep

Are there heated bird feeders for sale somewhere? Or heaters to keep the food a few degrees above freezing?

I have seen small birds having difficulties opening the frozen hull of sunflower seeds and now feed only sunflower hearts, but that's still frozen. Birds can certainly eat that too, but if it is not frozen, then perhaps more small birds come to the winter feeder.

I have never seen any heated bird feeders or heaters for bird feeders, though. Any hints welcome

I'm not aware.

But heated bins and heated birding places are obvious hole in the market ;)

just dreaming,

J.

I've never seen anything that could help either, would be ideal though. On one of the snowy & freezing days, I checked the feeders from the window after work. I noticed the most popular feeder was still very full, but all the others were empty. I went outside to find the snow was frozen into a barrier & they just couldn't get to it. I clean the openings & the food was all gone the next day.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back