• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's this bird? Derby, England (1 Viewer)

Can anyone help me identify what this bird is? Our best guess is a female Brambling but we're not entirely sure.

Cheers,
John

Attachments

• DSC01569.JPG
    DSC01569.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC01570.JPG
    DSC01570.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC01571.JPG
    DSC01571.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC01575.JPG
    DSC01575.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 151
Thanks guys! I've just Google'd it and you're all bang on!

Cheers!

I notice "Derby" as location...........my sister lives in Duffield and has attracted Redpolls to the garden with nyjer seed too, for several weeks now. They are apparently in fairly short supply as there was a guy in Allestree park looking for them for his yera list last weekend, with no joy! Should try garden feeders perhaps??

Yeah I'm in Littleover. I dont know whats happened recewntly but the bird life here has gone mad. Every morning we get a pair of Bullfinches, Greenfinches and Blackcaps with big gangs of Long Tailed Tits and Goldfinches. As I type we have 2 Mistle Thrushes sat in the tree at the bottom of our garden munching away on berries. Add to that a Siskin and now this Redpol.
This is all on top of the usual Blue, Great and Coal Tits, Blackbirds, Robins, Doves and those pesky Starlings and big ol clumsy Pigeons (which scare everything away when they are trying to perch on the feeders).
We've also had a black and whit Woodpecker and a Buzzard!

Don't know whats happened this year!

the woodpecker is most definately a greater spotted woodpecker if you wanted to know.also great work getting redpolls in your garden:t: i wish they were in my (sort of)garden

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back