• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pc spec for photoshop work (1 Viewer)

as an update I have now got the new PC up and running. Went for i7 3770 3.5 GHz (no overclocking) - 16GB ram, 120 gb SSD, windows 7.
Everything is running great and handling photoshop fine. Biggest differences is :
Very quite (can not hear it is even turned on).
Loads windows and other progs in mega quick time thanks to the SSD. I am a happy bunny B :)

Glad to hear you're all set up, Roy. I know where you're coming from ;). The spec of my new system is fairly similar although the quad-core i7 processor isn't quite so fast. But, having come from a system with a single-core 1.6GHz Intel Celeron processor and 2GB RAM, which took 10+ seconds to even open Photoshop Elements 3, I am extremely satisfied! I've had Elements 11 sitting on my desk for months, knowing that if I attempted to load it onto the old PC, it would turn up its toes and that would be that, lol.

If you have a moment, Roy, I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at the image(s) I uploaded onto this thread (http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=258776) and let me know how they look on your newly calibrated monitor, please? They're not great shots, it's more the light/dark balance I'm after, if possible.

Many thanks and enjoy the new set up :t:
Hobbes

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back