• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to post thumbnail pictures in a thread? (1 Viewer)

mcmerlin

Hi, I'd like to post some pictures for people to help me with the ID. But when I try to attach my photo's from my SD card to a post, it says they're too big, and that I need to make them smaller manually. If anybody could please tell me how to do this, I would be grateful.
Thanks

Hi Merlin

I'm not great at this but hopefully this'll help.

After you've done any other work on your pic (always a copy mind ) and cropped away any part of the picture you don't want, you can then re-size it. But don't crop to get the file size you want.

How you actually do it depends on what programs you have.

In Windows 7 you can right click on the image and there's an option to re-size (choose the smallest 800x600 - you can go bigger 1032 on the longest side I think, but Windows doesn't give you that option!). Adobe Photoshop: you have a better choice there, in the Image menu: Resize, you can actually choose the size you want, and the quality... always select medium.

Alternatively you could download the free program called Picassa.

I hope one of these ideas work for you.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back