• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

iPad problem (1 Viewer)

I haven't seen it, but a quick search makes it seem like it is an ongoing problem. Might be time to look for another type of "notepad".

Despite what folk may try and convince you, there isn't a better notepad or more stable operating system than an ipad and IOS. I do agree the competition is catching up, but it's got a way to go yet.

Have a look and see if this helps.

This will only work if you have plugged your ipad into your PC and backups were created.

If this is not the case, look into how to back your ipad information up so this doesn't happen to you again.

http://transfer-iphone-contacts.blogspot.co.uk/p/how-to-recover-notes-from-iphone.html

Regards

Moocher.

Last edited:
Moocher, I love my iPad and my Macbook. Having said that, there has been a history on the notepad suddenly losing its contents. That was why I suggested that it might be time to look for another option (ie app) for notes.

Thanks guys. Well, what I did figure out was that my iCloud was not turned on so I've done that. Hopefully, if this happens again, it will be backed up. I just never gave backing up my iPad a thought before this. Kind of scary.

There are a few things in life that are inevitable.. One is your "PC" losing everything! We've all learned the hard way at some point. Hope you didn't lose too much of value.

For alternatives, I've recently switched from Google keep, (which was basic note, photo, voice and checklist automatically backing up online) to Evernote which is even more powerful, backing up online and synced across mobile devices, PC, and web browsers with dictation and reminders. I think evernote is the current "gold standard", maybe too heavyweight for some people

Last edited:
Peter, I would agree that Evernote is powerful. My DP uses it, and I have been giving moving to it some serious thoughts.

Have you tried double clicking the home button which gives a list of active apps and other program's . You may have to scroll left or right to find the running note program. Click and hold to make it wobble and delete it. This does not delete the facility from the iPad. It just closes the running program. Then click the home button again and carry on as normal. Look in notes and see if they are all there.

Colin, I do remember the active area at the bottom occasionally. This sounds like a good debug step to try.

I have always cleared out the bottom area on a daily basis and I was afraid doing that I was the reason my notes disappeared.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back