• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How often do you go birdwatching? (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
I normally go birding on my local patch mostly twice a week depending on the weather I normally go on Sunday aswell nothing beats a good walk.

I'm always watching birds - whether explicitly going somewhere for bird watching or on the bus to/from work! There's always some interesting behavior to see no matter where you are.

Everyday, all of the time. I'm always conscious of the birds around that I can see or hear.

I actually 'go' birdwatching as often as I can, try to go round the patch once a week and go other places whenever I get more time.

Gareth

Yep, like most folks on here, always looking out for birds. I'm lucky enough that my day job allows me to be out and about all year round, and I latch onto some good stuff because of it. I actually 'go birding' 2, sometimes 3 times a week on average.

I tend to watch birds every day unless it's a particularly bad day or I'm ill or something! On work days I usually take a look around the lake in the park en route and walk through the tiny nature reserve at the back of my workplace. I often walk through my patch on the way home too, at least I normally do when not nursing a sprained foot! At the very least I get to spend a few minutes enjoying the birds in my garden when I fill the feeders.

I think I might be one of those people who takes birding to excess. I had to go into hospital for an operation and I sulked until they gave me a bed by the window - as I'd taken my bins in with me. On the way home, complete with a big bandage and rivety things holding my head together, I got the taxi driver to drop me at my mates so I could get the White-throated Sparrow in his garden. Apart from that - if the eyes are open .............

Chris

Know what you mean! :eek!:

Always on the lookout [ or head in the clouds as the wife says ]. Watch my patch once or twice a week, my garden at every given opportunity.

Si.

Likewise, Its also a little bit dangerous as I've often found myself driving on the wrong side of the road or heading towards a ditch when I see a bird that might be interesting. So when I see a bird now whilst driving it takes all my will power to keep on driving. Ger.

I'm constantly birdwatching, I've never stopped since I started! I 'go' birding as often as I can but it's not easy handling homework and birding at the same time....

I'll admit to nearly coming off the road whilst looking through binoculars - in my defence it was an empty farm track and I was stopping the car. When learning my driving instructor was always yelling at me to look at the road and not the 'pretty feathered things'.

That's just one of the great things about birding, I do it all the time, 27 species out of the college window in central London springs to mind but I listen all the time, even in bed. Here I go to sleep to the sound of Stone curlews, Barn owl, Long-eared and Scops owls. This time of year Nightjars can be heard. I have never been bored since being a birder.Being retired I guess I go "out" birding as often as possible, two big outings a week and out most days for a walk/birdwatch. Can't get enough!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back