• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reviewers / Comments (1 Viewer)

steveMc

Hello All,

Been a long time member of Birdforum and my small software company is looking for some folks who would be interested in trying out our birder listing software and possibly fulfilling one of the following roles:

- 'Official' reviewer of the software (for those who keep their own birding-based blog or website). You can post your review as content on your website or blog.
- Feedback review (for those who just want to try it out and provide feedback to us)

We will of course provide you with a fully functioning release of our software and also offer to convert any birding data you keep personally into our software so you can try it out loaded with your own sightings, to make it more familiar. Our software is Windows-based, though we have hundreds of users running it on Macs using software such as Parallels or Bootcamp.

Our software has been on the market for many years, last year we celebrated our 10th anniversary. Currently the vast majority of our user community is based in the U.S. and we are very interested in hearing from birders in the U.K. and the rest of Europe. Of course, U.S.-based folks interested in taking part are also more than welcome to contact us.

If you are interested or would just like some further information, please do contact me here via PM.

Good birding!

Steve

Thought I would add some more details to my prior message as I have had a number of folks contact me asking similar questions.

We are basically looking for folks interested in trying out our listing software and then sending us some feedback, as simple as a short email or as much information as you like.

We will provide you:

- a link to download the full version of the software at no charge
- a free import of your birding data (e.g. if you have some sighting data saved in other birding software, Excel, etc.)
- links to all relevant information, help, etc.
- answers to any questions you may have about the software

You can send us:

- what you like about the software
- what you don't like
- what you wish it could do

Any or all of these can be sent back to us. We did mention European birders but definitely we will welcome feedback from birders around the world and already have some lined up thanks to our earlier post.

If you wish to go a step further in trying out the software, say you have a website or blog where you discuss birding-related products, you would be welcome to put together an "official review" of our software to be included on your site. Entirely optional.

Hope that answers some questions folks may have had. If any additional info is needed, please do respond here and I will answer so everyone can see it.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello All,

Well six months have passed since we last tried this and we are opening it up again to anyone interested. To celebrate the launch of v2.0 of our software, we are once again looking for anyone interested in passing along their thoughts/comments to us. We got incredible feedback from folks here last time and a large number of those suggestions made it directly into version 2.0. We pride ourselves on building to our user's needs so that's why we are opening this up again in preparation for our next round of changes.

I did notice something curious, looking back through the lists of folks who participated last time. To give you an idea of the totals .. we had 20 folks send us detailed comments and feedback. Here was the breakdown:

U.K. : 0 (0%)
Rest of Europe: 8 (40%)
USA: 6 (30%)
Canada: 2 (10%)
Rest of World (excluding above): 4 (20%)

Not one participant from the U.K.! Really hoped that some folks there would be keen on sharing their feedback and/or comments |=)|

So the same offer as last time. Please read the above two posts as the steps are the same this time with one slight change, since version 2.0 introduced a completely FREE version, you are welcome to simply download the free version and send us your comments on that if you prefer. It's not a trial/demo version, but is a fully-functional version that can be used as long as you like. The differences between the two versions are outlined on our website.

www.swiftbirder.com

Also, if you participated last time you are absolutely welcome to participate again! If you are interested or would just like some further information, please do contact me here via PM and I will send everything out to you.

Good birding!

Thanks,
Steve

Hello All,

Just wanted to post a follow-up to our last post asking for reviewers of SWIFT 2.0 We had a good response again, very similar in numbers to the last time (see below), with folks from the USA leading the way:

U.K. : 3 (17%)
Rest of Europe: 4 (22%)
USA: 7 (39%)
Canada: 0 (0%)
Rest of World (excluding above): 4 (22%)

Nice to get some participants from the U.K. this time |=)| It appears it was Canada's turn to be left out! We had some TERRIFIC feedback from the group, some of whom even took the time to send us their copies of sighting data so we could run it in our test labs. Really helped us resolve some lingering performance issues from 2.0 and we have already released three updates to SWIFT since late-November.

If you missed the post last time, we are going to leave this open until January 15th to coincide with the start of our Winter 2015 Special. Details remain the same as our previous post.

After Jan 15th I can update this post with the final results and we are also working on a bonus surprise for the participants. |;| If you don't want to participate, there is always the completely free version of SWIFT available on our website:

www.swiftbirder.com

Good birding!

Thanks,
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back