• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Toads in Norfolk, UK, climb trees? (1 Viewer)

Scopey

Just caught this toad pretending to be a blackbird - I assume he has climbed the tree as opposed to being dropped out of a birds mouth?

Attachments

• Image00001td2.jpg
    Image00001td2.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 99
I often take a night vision monocular along on bat trapping evenings, and I've seen both frogs and toads up trees (found by eyeshine) so I think it's probably more regular than you might expect.

John

My father was an egg collector in his youth (back in the 1930s) and told me how he once reached his hand up into a Blackbird nest, only to find a Toad in there. As mentioned above, it probably happens quite a lot, but not enough people see it or report it.
I've also seen a weasel 20ft up a tree in pursuit of a Wood Pigeon squab.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back