• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Viper 8x28 and Kamakura 8x28 the same? (1 Viewer)

Swedpat

The same FOV and ER. Are these the same binoculars under different brands and just a slightly different body design? Same optics? Anyone who knows?

Last edited:
I do not know (despite my connections with the brand), however from taking a Vortex bino to a dealer the other day a comparison with another similarly-priced bino which on paper looked identical to said Vortex bino for tech specs, and also looked a bit like it, the difference in looking through them both (I am informed!) was clear with the Vortex coming out on top.

I do not know (despite my connections with the brand), however from taking a Vortex bino to a dealer the other day a comparison with another similarly-priced bino which on paper looked identical to said Vortex bino for tech specs, and also looked a bit like it, the difference in looking through them both (I am informed!) was clear with the Vortex coming out on top.

Thanks for sharing your impression! I will consider how I will do.

The same FOV and ER. Are these the same binoculars under different brands and just a slightly different body design? Same optics? Anyone who knows?

Kamakura appear to make a number of superficially similar binoculars for different brands and it seems more than likely in this case. However I have jet to see any that are actually identical on specification. There is usually more than one point on physical design, FOV, field flatness, resolution standard, ED glass, prism and lens coatings and other stuff that would distinguish the two. What it is in this case I wouldn't know.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back