• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Feeder Station (1 Viewer)

Bish

I put this new feeder station up this afternoon & it was in use within minutes including a Goldfinch on the suet feeder which was a surprise as they always stick to the sunflower hearts & niger seed up until today!

Regards Bish. :t:

Attachments

• 2006_04260050 (Medium).JPG
    2006_04260050 (Medium).JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 201
Bish said:
I put this new feeder station up this afternoon & it was in use within minutes including a Goldfinch on the suet feeder which was a surprise as they always stick to the sunflower hearts & niger seed up until today!

Wow! What lucky birds, they must cost you a fortune in seed - but worth every penny I'm sure. I've always found that House Sparrows take the longest to get used to a new feeder, sometimes several weeks, whereas the tits are straight on it.

Kezza said:
Wow! What lucky birds, they must cost you a fortune in seed - but worth every penny I'm sure. I've always found that House Sparrows take the longest to get used to a new feeder, sometimes several weeks, whereas the tits are straight on it.

I previously had all these feeders on 2 washing lines up & down the garden but they were groaning under the strain so I knocked this up out of 10mm steel rod & length of scaffold tube I had

As for the feed cost it's not that expensive as I now buy all my seeds in 25kg bags from Haiths, I used to buy from a local shop in smaller quantities & this was getting expensive, by buying in bulk I save about 25%

The House sparrows have been on already so they seem to like it!

I work at a store that caters to bird lovers, among many other things.......we sell a lot of what you have there. But by far, my fav is that tall yellow one you have there. I get a ton of birds to that thing. In the heart of our michigan winters, I probably have to fill it every 2 days.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back