• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Kilcowera Station, Australia (1 Viewer)

calenso

Hello everyone around the world, I live on Kilcowera Station in outback Queensland. It's a truly beautiful time of the year here, just starting to warm up after a fairly brief winter. We had some rain earlier this year so there is sufficient vegetation and cover around for the many birds that have arrived also plenty of water around in the waterholes, swamps and lakes. Not a lot of water birds around maybe we will get more as the weather warms up.

Our bird list has grown to 152 species with the help of visitors Peter Slater, Raoul Slater, Sally Elmer, Dave Stewart and Graeme and Pam Chapman. They have also found 26 species nesting. Dave is a sound man recording all the bird calls. Just before dawn all you can hear in this remote part of Australia are birds singing their little hearts out then as the sun clears the eastern horizon its off to work for the day just to survive and raise the family.

Well I suppose I to had better get about some work for the day too, so goodbye for now. calenso :eek!:

Hi calenso and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

D

Hello calenso,
And another welcome to the Birdforum. Looking forward to hearing more about the birds of Australia --- someday I'll get there!

From Kilcowera Station

Thanks to all at the forum for saying gidday. I'm off to our local town today, Thargomindah 95 km north of here to meet up with a lady from Mulga Training network to update my website. The bird photographer that is here ( Graeme Chapman) has donated a few little images for me to put up on my site. If I have learnt one thing from looking at his pics and then mine, it is that cameras should live on tripods.....sigh.....what a pain in the ar***...... I hate carting a tripod around.
He found another new bird, the black eared cuckoo. I think I'll put our bird list on the website too.... a place where you click on birdlist and it comes up on another page? Do you all think it's a good idea to put list up? or not? site is www.kilcowera.com.au
Thargomindah is only small with about 220 inhabitants who mostly work on the local council. It's got one pub, a post office, cop shop,outpatients clinic, primary school, general store and 2 garages, a motel, a pool and a community cetre and a library. Crikey what more could you want, I might go and live there myself! |8.|

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back