• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Isle of May, Scotland (1 Viewer)

Dave Williams

There are some wonderful and exotic locations written about in the vacation reports but for those of us who live in the UK we are often forgetful that we have some of the best seabird colonies in the world. Some are a little inaccessible, others more so. Ornithologists come from all over the world to enjoy what we take a little for granted. It's also relatively inexpensive to take a trip to one of the many islands around our coast.I would guess the Farne Islands is by far the most visited but further up the coast we have one of the many of Scotland's jewels.
The Isle of May.
Here is my blog report on a week's visit in June.
http://davewilliamsnaturephotography.blogspot.co.uk

Some great shots and an interesting report! I do agree that Britain has much to offer in the way of seabirds. I went for a first-time visit to Farne in June and was thoroughly impressed.
Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back