• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do NOT ID this Bird London UK (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
I know what this is, most of you know what this is, so please don't name it.

There are many of these in gardens at this time of year, but they seem to confuse some people. So if you don't know what this bird is, have a guess. There's no shame in being wrong, it's called learning.|=)|

(Please don't post if you know)

(Mods: please delete this thread if it was a stupid idea, it seemed like a good idea at the time)

Attachments

• You guess.JPG
    You guess.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 237
Thanks - read it now. I did wonder if it was one of them.

Nice to know I was on the right track

(and good use of the white text!)

I remember years ago being very excited when I first saw one, I had no idea what it was. Also a bit later it changed it's appearance and I thought it was a different bird species.

Real 'sound of summer', their appalling screeching. Bit early, this one ?
Mind you, I like them, really, fun birds.

That one only appeared this morning, I've noticed a few days gap between most I've seen so far. I've got about 12 screeching like crazy when I top up the feeders or change the water.

I'll have to check from pictures when they came last year, I think it's a little earlier this year.

BTW: I also really like them, they make me smile every time I watch them.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back