• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Song (1 Viewer)

Accipiter91

Think you know bird songs and calls? Put your knowledge to the test and see if YOU can ID the bird represented in the sound file below! When the bird is guessed correctly I will post a new one! Please limit your self to ONE GUESS PER POST. Although the file worked for me, you may have problems listening to the files tell me and I will try my best to fix it, I think Windows Media Player is required to play the file. Thanks and good luck! The first one is easy! ;)

Note: I apologize but due to limited resources and knowledge I am only able to do bird songs of the United States. However, anyone is free to guess!

Attachments

• Bird Song 001.wmv
    110.7 KB · Views: 140
Great Job prairiemerlin it is an Eastern Towhee! Try this one on for size! Another easy one in my opinion!;)

Attachments

• Bird Song 002.wmv
    126.2 KB · Views: 102
Yes! Great job to the both of you! It is a White-eyed Vireo! Don't worry about naming any background songs or calls unless it says so in the instructions. This next one may not be so easy...there are two different birds trying to outsing the other!;) Do you think you know both of them?

Attachments

• Bird Song 003.wmv
    126.8 KB · Views: 99
Yes! Great job prairiemerlin it is a Swainson's Thrush and Varied Thrush! Here is the next "Bird Song"...

Attachments

• Bird Song 004.wmv
    19 KB · Views: 97
That first file was kind of short so this might shed some light on the mystery bird...

Attachments

• Bird Song 004.2.wmv
    32.6 KB · Views: 91
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back