• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any ideas? - Irvine Coast, Ayrshire, Scotland (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! ;)

Somehow I don't think this thread can ever be serious again! :cat:

Too many rascally rascals have got to it! ;)

Gropperwinch is a brilliant username! Thanks about the blog Liam. I became confused and I think I broke it! :-C

Well I did try and turn it into a BTD when I was being serious! But the Cormorant Posse warned me off and I got real scared. :eek!:

From what Cactus Dave said, he was sure he had seen a Diver spp, that it wasn't a Cormorant, and he described white flashes on the flanks. Dave sounds trustworthy and a nice bloke. So if he's sure it was a diver, that can only leave BTD. Based on his testimony, and completely disregarding the photo.
I mean, if you just had Dave's words by way of description? What would you surmise???

GropperWinch's last lifer was a BTD. So I think he knows more than all of us! ;)

There you go! Half serious, half muckin' about!

A balanced post if ever I saw one! :t:

PS GW said the funniest thing I've seen all year on BF.

"Now, everyone say something serious, and afterwards roll on a ton more crap to make it to page four!"

Had to change trousers after that!

ps This is the quote I was alluding to!

Who is the Sock President btw ...

I tried googling for an image yesterday, unfortunately I couldn't even find any links. Maybe all reference to this legendary figure has been expunged from the net... Basically it was a sock puppet who was a certain US presidents' long suffering advisor/right hand man ... maybe someone will be able to find a link for us ...

Anything? - I'd settle for your agreement that the bird in question could be a BTD (definitely not a BLT ;)). Oops did it again-ish.

Ok, maybe not quite anything... ;)

Maybe it's best just to leave it as a UFO - Unidentified Floating Object.

On the other hand, maybe we now know where Mr Sock President went ...

I thought he was.. :eek!: [Phew, almost slipped there!]

Will everyone stop re-quoting my massively verbose "babering on" essay about nothing. Because it's already pushing us rapidly to page 5! And we'll all be Munsoned if that happens! Who is the Sock President btw, or should that be blt, or,indeed, BTD!? Congrats to Nick for finding the way to page 4. That was skillfull!

What, you mean this....? \/
\/
\/

LOL! ;)

Somehow I don't think this thread can ever be serious again! :cat:

Too many rascally rascals have got to it! ;)

Gropperwinch is a brilliant username! Thanks about the blog Liam. I became confused and I think I broke it! :-C

Well I did try and turn it into a BTD when I was being serious! But the Cormorant Posse warned me off and I got real scared. :eek!:

From what Cactus Dave said, he was sure he had seen a Diver spp, that it wasn't a Cormorant, and he described white flashes on the flanks. Dave sounds trustworthy and a nice bloke. So if he's sure it was a diver, that can only leave BTD. Based on his testimony, and completely disregarding the photo.
I mean, if you just had Dave's words by way of description? What would you surmise???

GropperWinch's last lifer was a BTD. So I think he knows more than all of us! ;)

There you go! Half serious, half muckin' about!

A balanced post if ever I saw one! :t:

PS GW said the funniest thing I've seen all year on BF.

"Now, everyone say something serious, and afterwards roll on a ton more crap to make it to page four!"

Had to change trousers after that!

:smoke:

And back to the bird;

Here's an image or 2 of Black-throated Diver from here on BF;

The black neck sides are visible from the front (Cracking pic incidently!)

Thick neck (Not so relevent this one, maybe)

Thus proving that a great big white throat is always visible on BTD if you can see the bill. No white throat on photo with bill clearly visible, therefore not BTD.
:eat:

AND still on p4! No Presidential Death Warrant for me! Woo!

Thus proving that a great big white throat is always visible on BTD if you can see the bill. No white throat on photo with bill clearly visible, therefore not BTD.
:eat:

AND still on p4! No Presidential Death Warrant for me! Woo!

Pubs kicking out already?

Trying to make to page 5 by using my boring verbiage again?

Why you no good dirty...! :t:

BTW, none of this proves nothing, and I see you're already chomping on your own words! ;)

Look out the window in the morning, there'll be "BTD POSSE DTKLAMF" aerosoled (phew! careful with that spelling...did you come back from the boozer aerosoled?B :)B :)B :)B ;) ) all over your 'hood!

Actually there are some interesting points in that quote. So feel free to quote it in full as many times as you like! ;)

I need to get to page 5 and win the non-existent prize for being a complete aerosol! :-O

I'm drunk enough to get to page seven, but I value this website too much to take the P that much.

We're on our way though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You SNUCK in there Cormorant Boy!

Just you wait! GRRR!

Maybe that's tripped Page 5?

PS What is it about THIS thread???

It's the funniest to visit!

A certain antidote to every other one is what we need sometimes!

PPS If that doesn't work, I'll quote my "novella" again! :king:

PPS Can anyone tell me why you would ever use this Smiley? :girl:

"Cool shades girl, slightly round of face, sporting askew pony tail" type of point?

Want to use it so much, but, for the life of me, cannot see a possible opportunity!???

For instance maybe?

"I saw this non-male person today, who wasn't transgender. They'd put a scrunchy at the base of their rather long hair, and were desporting it in the most unusual of fashions. And, to top it all, and you'll LOVE this! They were wearing ocular devices to shield their sensitive retinas from the Sun, on a very overcast sort of day! LOL! :girl:

PPPS Page 5 yet?

PPPPS Am I being a. Childish

b. Puerile

C. Adolescent, or...

d. Just blowin' off some much needed steam, and havin' a BLAST? :-O

PPPPPS Black Throated Diver for the OP photo :cat:

You SNUCK in there Cormorant Boy!

Just you wait! GRRR!

Maybe that's tripped Page 5?

PS What is it about THIS thread???

It's the funniest to visit!

A certain antidote to every other one is what we need sometimes!

PPS If that doesn't work, I'll quote my "novella" again! :king:

PPS Can anyone tell me why you would ever use this Smiley? :girl:

"Cool shades girl, slightly round of face, sporting askew pony tail" type of point?

Want to use it so much, but, for the life of me, cannot see a possible opportunity!???

For instance maybe?

"I saw this non-male person today, who wasn't transgender. They'd put a scrunchy at the base of their rather long hair, and were desporting it in the most unusual of fashions. And, to top it all, and you'll LOVE this! They were wearing ocular devices to shield their sensitive retinas from the Sun, on a very overcast sort of day! LOL! :girl:

PPPS Page 5 yet?

PPPPS Am I being a. Childish

b. Puerile

C. Adolescent, or...

d. Just blowin' off some much needed steam, and havin' a BLAST? :-O

PPPPPS Black Throated Diver for the OP photo :cat:

Unfortunately ,I believe that we can only get to a new page, after a run of 25 posts.
It doesn't matter how looooooooooooooooooooooong they are! :-C

Fewer words and more often seems to be the way forward!

See you on page 10 peeps! :cat:

black-throated diver? n'importe quoi! cormorant, and OOOOOH SMILIES!:flowers::flowers:

yeah, flowers smiley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back