• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Non-U.S. Birding Magazines (1 Viewer)

John from Scappoose

Born Again Bird Watcher
Good afternoon all,

I'm trying to get a better persepctive on the birding world outside the U.S. As I started my journey into birding inside the U.S. by reading all the magazines and books I could, and as I keep up pretty well with the books published on the subject outside the U.S., I would like to better understand the magazines outside the U.S.

I think I have a pretty good picture of the U.K. periodicals, but when I move out from there things get a bit less clear. So far I've tagged the following to be of interest:

Africa Birds & Birding, South Africa
Alula, Finland
Anser, Sweden
Bird Observer - Australia, Australia
Birding World, U.K.
Birds, U.K.
Birds Illustrated, U.K.
Birdwatch, U.K.
Birdwatching, U.K.
British Birds, U.K.
Dutch Birding, The Netherlands
Fugle I felter, Dennmark
Fugle og nature, Dennmark
Ornis Svecica, Sweden
Ornithos France
QuebecOiseaux, Canada
Var fagelvard, Sweden
Vivre Avec Les Oiseaux, France
Voegel, Germany
World Birdwatch, U.K.

If anyone has an opinion on any of these, or has others they like that I've left off the list, I'd very much appreciate learning more about it.

Thanks, best wishes, and good birding to all,
John in Scappoose

John from Scappoose said:
Birds, U.K.
Although widely respected, that's not a magazine which you can buy by the copy, or even on subscription - it's the "free" magazine for members of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. If you're going to include that, then there are many other titles published in similar circumstances, which might also qualify.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back