• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red headed woodpecker... (1 Viewer)

cadillactaste

I've finally been able to photo the red headed woodpecker. I've always had ba timing catching him at the feeder. Seeing what looked like one in flight. But today I was able to grab a shot and enjoy seeing him at the feeder.

Now...to pay attention to see if I can spot a Northern Flicker. Have yet to notice one at my feeders. All the other native woodpeckers I've seen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 95
Thanks! I've been wanting to see him for so so long.

Now...to have that Northern Flicker come in for a bite. Though we all enjoy the Pileated Woodpecker when he comes in.

I've finally been able to photo the red headed woodpecker. I've always had ba timing catching him at the feeder. Seeing what looked like one in flight. But today I was able to grab a shot and enjoy seeing him at the feeder.

Now...to pay attention to see if I can spot a Northern Flicker. Have yet to notice one at my feeders. All the other native woodpeckers I've seen.

Ivory-billed too? :king:

That one isn't in my guide book for my area...does it happen to be native to your parts? I'll have to look it up. Curious now...
I think Warixenjalka was having a joke. Ivory billed is extinct, although there was some excitement a few years ago when it was thought one had been found.

Goodness it seems like a lifetime that I waited for this bird to come to my feeder. This photo was taken from my sunroom window. While out a bit ago on the back patio...he blessed me with his presence. Got a good clearer shot of him.

Hello CadillacTaste,

I finally managed to see one in New York's Central Park, this week. It is an uncommon visitor to New York City.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Hello CadillacTaste,

I finally managed to see one in New York's Central Park, this week. It is an uncommon visitor to New York City.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

What a wonderful great treat for you! A stunning bird indeed...

Last edited:
I think I heard that news for Ivory-billed Woodpecker has seen in US almost ten years ago. But maybe nobody has seen them after that? What about in Cuba?
Thats damn bad if that beautiful species has all gone.

I think I heard that news for Ivory-billed Woodpecker has seen in US almost ten years ago. But maybe nobody has seen them after that? What about in Cuba?
Thats damn bad if that beautiful species has all gone.

Indeed...I hope that isn't the case...a stunning bird! Such a shame...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back