• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My first Zeiss... (1 Viewer)

John M Robinson

Sorry for the let down, but I'm talking about my new progressive bifocal glasses. I'm getting old now and my eyes are changing, but I'm still blessed with eyes that are correctable to 20-10. My eye doctor metioned that with my eyes and what I'm used to, vision correct to 20-20 would be really blurry and bug the heck out of me, so doing Lazic for example was way too risky as I probably wouldn't get 20-10 vision.

Se we went with glasses and he pointed out that, though heavier, glass would offer superior optics over plastic, and the way I misuse my glasses would stand up better against scratching. I was pleasantly surprised to find out the use Zeiss glass in the lenses.

Well, I got them a few days ago, and I can't believe how sharp they are. Now I don't really know if Zeiss glass is really better than any other glass, and I assume the leses are ground by some third party, but they sure are clear and sharp. I'm definitely more motovated to keep my glasses clean.

Maybe next time I can get an actual Zeiss bino.

John

Hello John,

My last pair of specs with progressive lenses and anti-reflection coatings, set me back more than a lot of folks would spend on a binocular. I did not get Zeiss but if your new specs provide you with first class vision, they are worth the money.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

I agree, and by current designs, in my experience, the Leicas will do a little better with 4 eyes. I have and enjoy both brands, but can only use the Zeiss with a cherished set of close fitting frames. I still go by a 20-10 correction myself, and don't think I could accept less. And my last eye glasses cost a pretty bundle, too.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back