• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (18 Viewers)

I had a Barn Owl crossing the road in Skerne (between the village name sign and the first house on the north side) yesterday morning at 0740.

I know it's out of county - but I was wondering if anybody has been over the bridge to see the RL Buzzard at South Ferriby ?

We are going to Grimsby next weekend and was hoping for a quick detour, was wondering if anybody could get me to the best location as quickly as possible so I can maximise my opportunity to see it

Thanks

Mal Skelton

I know it's out of county - but I was wondering if anybody has been over the bridge to see the RL Buzzard at South Ferriby ?

We are going to Grimsby next weekend and was hoping for a quick detour, was wondering if anybody could get me to the best location as quickly as possible so I can maximise my opportunity to see it

Thanks

Mal Skelton

You can't fail Mal. It sits on the fence at the west end of the cement works at the west end of South Ferriby. There's an obvious lay by to park in and view from.

G

Thanks

Mal Skelton

It wasn't there on Tuesday, and there haven't been many recent reports on Birdguides

Even for a Billy Joel song?

Yeah, they're big mates...used to go birdin together........oops..! Well spotted Jim......:eat:
That's criminal for me, I'm his oldest fan, it's really serious this.............it's now more than short term memory.......at least I think so.......?

Last edited:
I'm puzzled. Can't go anywhere without seeing or hearing Redwing but no Fieldfare. I realise that central Leeds isn't the best spot for them but where are they?

I'm puzzled. Can't go anywhere without seeing or hearing Redwing but no Fieldfare. I realise that central Leeds isn't the best spot for them but where are they?

Interesting Ken, on my recent dog walks around North Duffield I've had plenty of Fieldfare but hardly any Redwing! At a few sites I work on in Yorkshire and Lincs it's the same!

Andy

Wheldrake Ings YWT:
First winter Iceland Gull in roost tonight, plus first winter Med Gull. Sh*te photos on the blog.
Also, 15 Pink-feet on site.
Cheers
Jono

plenty out in the sticks ken, they seem to group together when there is a significant change in the weather. all the locals out near me call them stormcocks!

Last edited:
plenty out in the sticks ken, they seem to group together when there is a significant change in the weather. all the locals out near me call them stormcocks!

Stormcocks was our name for Mistle thrush......in that they tend to "sing" in bad weather..........funny how things turn around....?

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back