• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DCR-2025PRO TELE on a FZ150? (1 Viewer)

Ptarmi

Dick Glasgow
At the moment, I'm working with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 + Tele LT55E & I'm getting great results in the garden ~ see 1st image below.

However, when I go out in the field, I don't seem to be able to get the standard of image I'm looking for, when the birds are just that little bit further away ~ see 2nd image below.

So I'm wondering if I should get my hands on a DCR-2025PRO TELEPHOTO.

Has anyone here had experience with this lens on a FZ150?

Cheers,
Dick

Attachments

• P.150.tele4.enh.jpg
    P.150.tele4.enh.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 126
  • P.slieve2.jpg
    P.slieve2.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 121
I used the older version (DCR 2020) on my old Canon PowerShot S3 IS. You'll notice a significant degradation of the image quality.
You'll find some pictures (taken with the combo mentioned above) in my gallery:
http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/search.php?searchid=220008

By the way, the maximum focal lenght for FZ150 is 600 mm (equiv. in 35 mm film). Adding the DCR 2025 you'll achive a focal lenght of about 1300 mm - this means that you'll have to use shutter speeds of about 1/1000 - 1/1500 which is an important limitation...

Last edited:
Hi Ptarmi,
if you decide that the Raynox would be suitable I've got one for sale - see relevant forum. There doesn't seem to be too much interest at the moment so if you make me an offer you feel is reasonable we might come to an agreement.

cheers
Gordon

Hi Ptarmi,
if you decide that the Raynox would be suitable I've got one for sale - see relevant forum. There doesn't seem to be too much interest at the moment so if you make me an offer you feel is reasonable we might come to an agreement.

cheers
Gordon

At the moment, I'm working with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 + Tele LT55E & I'm getting great results in the garden ~ see 1st image below.

However, when I go out in the field, I don't seem to be able to get the standard of image I'm looking for, when the birds are just that little bit further away ~ see 2nd image below.

So I'm wondering if I should get my hands on a DCR-2025PRO TELEPHOTO.

Has anyone here had experience with this lens on a FZ150?

Cheers,
Dick

Hi Dick,

Considering the distance away, the second shot of the bird looks pretty good. There has been some discussion on Flickr and YouTube re digital zoom verses a teleconverter. The results indicate that unless you are really enlarging your prints, you won't see much difference between the two. In fact, in most cases the digital zoom alone gives a better result. You may be wasting money buying a new one.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back