• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping camera (1 Viewer)

squidge

Wha Whassssat
Hi, After selling a nikon P6000 I now realise I should not have done so.

I used it on a Swaro 80hd atm and 20-60 zoom lens with a DCA attachment. Should I look for a replacement P6000 or is there another camera that will give the same results. I quite like being able to attach the dca on the threads of the P6000.

Any recommendations thanks,

Ger.

Hi, After selling a nikon P6000 I now realise I should not have done so.

I used it on a Swaro 80hd atm and 20-60 zoom lens with a DCA attachment. Should I look for a replacement P6000 or is there another camera that will give the same results. I quite like being able to attach the dca on the threads of the P6000.

Any recommendations thanks,

Ger.

Replacing with another P6000 is the least cost option. The P7000/7100 is a better camera but won't work well with the zoom eyepiece.
The Nikon V1 with 10-30 mm zoom with work well with the zoom eyepiece at 50/60x and is internally focusing so will take a 40.5/52mm filter adapter to match with the DCA. Of course if you want to go to Micro Four Thirds then you have a lot more options.
Neil

Thanks Neil, I think I'll go for the least cost option and go for the P6000. Not many around at the moment though but I can wait.

Cheers,

Ger.

Canon S95 works well with my Svaro. Now discontinued I believe but think they are still around

Hy Goyter,
i have a question for you
i have swaro 80hd with 20x60 and dca,
i want start digiscoping with compact camera, i have see other thread that say canon s95 is good. My question is about adapter you use,
do you have a dca? if yes which adapter for the camera?
Can you help me?
thanks in advance.
carlo62

Olympus E520?

S95 can still be sourced from ebay.

Hi Tord. I viewed your pic's on Flicr - fantastic - well done!

I noticed you use Olympus E620 +++ & I was wondering if I could tap some information re: digiscoping? I am Very new to digiscoping I have an E520 that I have used with mixed success with a DCA that came with my Olivon 60mm scope. With a ring attachment to the body (no lens). Not being very techincal could you explain your set up please?

Hi Tord. I viewed your pic's on Flicr - fantastic - well done!

I noticed you use Olympus E620 +++ & I was wondering if I could tap some information re: digiscoping? I am Very new to digiscoping I have an E520 that I have used with mixed success with a DCA that came with my Olivon 60mm scope. With a ring attachment to the body (no lens). Not being very techincal could you explain your set up please?

Hi,

Thanks for feedback.
I am not familiar with Olivon scopes but will try to answer. I have two setups for digiscoping with DSLR.

One is built on a Nikon ED82A scope. To attach the camera body you need a DSLR adapter, in the Nikon case FSA-L1 (or its predecessor, 7468) and a lastly a Nikon-4/3 ring adapter. The DSLR adapter is an optical device that replaces the eyepiece and projects the image on the DSLR sensor.

The other is based on a Skywatcher telescope. The DSLR is mounted using mechanical adapters and extension tubes, no need for optical coupling.

/Tord

Thanks to all

Hi,

Thanks for feedback.
I am not familiar with Olivon scopes but will try to answer. I have two setups for digiscoping with DSLR.

One is built on a Nikon ED82A scope. To attach the camera body you need a DSLR adapter, in the Nikon case FSA-L1 (or its predecessor, 7468) and a lastly a Nikon-4/3 ring adapter. The DSLR adapter is an optical device that replaces the eyepiece and projects the image on the DSLR sensor.

The other is based on a Skywatcher telescope. The DSLR is mounted using mechanical adapters and extension tubes, no need for optical coupling.

/Tord
Appreciate your feedback Tord.:eat:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back