• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Samyang T2 2X teleconverter. (1 Viewer)

Paul Corfield

I've seen a few different brands of these T2 teleconverters around and because they are so inexpensive I hadn't even bothered to give them any thought. Usually cheap means rubbish, especially with optics. Anyway, my curiosity got the better of me and I got this Samyang T2 one off of Amazon for £21. I thought even if the optics are no good then it's a cheap 50mm extension tube. It screws straight into a T-ring and in the other end you screw in the 2" scope adapter.

I ordered the Samyang one because it at least looked to have the best multicoatings/reviews. There's another one by Danubia and one by Walimex which look to use the same outer body but different optics/coatings. Another smaller T2 model by Kiwifotos only appears to have a single lens coating so I gave that one a miss.

Here's a photo from the garden with the Samyang model and taken from around 10m. Seems to work pretty well all things considered.

Paul.

Attachments

• DSC_3494.jpg
    DSC_3494.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Samyang.jpg
    Samyang.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 142
Looks pretty awesome - the detail is excellent.

I must say though that you've had photos as good as that with your TN's .. especially the Sunagor ( or was it Soilgor .. i get them 2 mixed up ) and the Canon FD SC

I agree it's not really an improvement, I doubt anything out there will be an improvement now, I think the limit has been reached. As a T-ring user I like the T2 option, it's extremely light weight and as it screws together it's better than a bayonet fitting. There's a T2 1.4X TC that I may try out too.

Paul.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back