• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

to dark to identify? sulawesi indonesia (1 Viewer)

codexluminati

Hello ,
2 birds to identify from Talaud islands in sulawesi indonesia, the second may be too dark to identify.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• q1.JPG
    q1.JPG
    516.7 KB · Views: 80
  • q2.JPG
    q2.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 70
The second picture shows a Blue Rock Thrush (actually we have the same species in Switzerland....;)). The first one is possibly a Grey-streaked Flycatcher.

André

There are ony two Woodpeckers on Sulawesi and that's certainly not one of them. It's 100% a Blue Rock Thrush, female or immature of the subspecies philippensis.

André

Last edited:
Agree with the thrush, and also think the flyc looks better for Grey-streaked than the other possible grey-streakeds posted up on the ID forum recently! For me I'd be happier with a slightly clearer shot to be sure, but other more experienced folk might be more confident enough to exclude Siberian.

There are ony two Woodpeckers on Sulawesi and that's certainly not one of them. It's 100% a Blue Rock Thrush, female or immature of the subspecies philippensis.

André
Thanks, I even didn´t look up which woodpeckers exist over there. Just thought it looks similar.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back