• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Inspired by my recent trip to India (1 Viewer)

kittykat23uk

Hi all,

I've recently got back from a birding trip to India and was inspired to recreate a scene we saw out there. Whilst another three of our group were wasting their time by being followed by a tigress for half an hour! (not that I'm bitter!). Richard and I came across a mixed flock of flycatchers in a stand of bamboo. One in particular caught our eye as we had never seen it before. We were so busy trying to work out what it was, I wasn't able to phtograph it. It turns out it was a black naped monarch and in with it was a female Asian Paradise flycatcher as well as Tickel's blue flycatcher. I was so taken with the bird that I was determined to try and recreate the scene so here is my interpretaion in soft pastels and conte crayon. I decided not to include tickels in this pic as I like the composition as it is. :)

A large version can be seen on Flickr:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3325368493_0962ded8ee_b.jpg

Attachments

• 3325368493_0962ded8ee.jpg
    3325368493_0962ded8ee.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 112
Strange - I thought I'd commented on this.
Anyhow - suffice to say that this is a beautiful piece - the way you have rendered the intense tropical colours is very good indeed and it's a lovely design (good choice to leave the third out). Super birds.

Looking at it again, it really reminds me of the paintings you see in Indian temples. I'm sure you were inspired by more than the birds on your trip.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back