• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I think I need feedbacks... (1 Viewer)

Matteo Grilli

http://matteogrilli.blogspot.com/
Hello everyone, I would like to throw few things here to recive maybe some inspiring, challanging comments... if you feel amazed or disgusted, please tell me why... thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 182
  • magellano2.jpg
    magellano2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 191
HA, you did come to the art forum...welcome, had a look at your blog very nice stuff on there..hope you will keep posting mark..

Very nice Matteo. After looking at the first two I was going to say that I liked the looseness of your style. Then I looked at the third and see that you also work in a more controlled manner as well. It is also very nice and probably my favorite of the bunch. I was just looking at the first one in the gallery the other day. Nice to see you here, and welcome!

Very nice Matteo. After looking at the first two I was going to say that I liked the looseness of your style. Then I looked at the third and see that you also work in a more controlled manner as well. It is also very nice and probably my favorite of the bunch. I was just looking at the first one in the gallery the other day. Nice to see you here, and welcome!

That is a fine selection- I was admiring that teal sitting low in the water top left of the first page: its always intrigued me that teal often float like that, but artists almost always sit them high in the water. Nicely done!

Hi Matteo,
Your stilts are fabulous with a capital F. Some very difficult postures of a very 'jizzy' species captured very assuredly indeed - I love 'em.
The owl - is it some species of Eagle Owl? - is expertly done, too. I can't comment on the duck as I'm not familiar with the species but from an artistic point of view I see we are in for a treat here.

Russ

Thanks everyone for the comments! To RussB: the owl is a Magellan's Owl, but I took some freedom from reality regarding the colours...

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 111
I particularly like the last one Matteo. That is great that you're able to simplify the birds into a couple of brushstrokes. It shows a real mastery of your brush as well as your ability to understand the birds you see!

Completely in love with your work...the acute observation of each one is putting me in a state of awe...and how simply and perfectly the finish is done one each showing your mastery at all levels...can't wait to see more....
As an artist you have it all from simple abstracts to the more detailed realism... oh what a treat...

hi Phil, I really like your style, I am really intersted in cartoon-illustration ( I had a look at your website), I find your birds and writings very very interesting

I drew the kookaburra with a water soluble graphite and then added a little colour, as for the long eared owl, where instead of the graphite I used a water soluble pen... I find that unpredictability very thrilling

Attachments

• DSCF4080.jpg
    DSCF4080.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF4275.jpg
    DSCF4275.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 81
Just wanted to say that i love that long eared owl pic Matteo....a very strong image....[and works very well for the species]...:t:

Matteo,

I absolutely love your watercolors....any chance you could do a step by step to show how you develop an image....I'm learning and it would be so helpful to see it....there is such a blend of accuracy and yet freedom of the washes..

Matteo,

I absolutely love your watercolors....any chance you could do a step by step to show how you develop an image....I'm learning and it would be so helpful to see it....there is such a blend of accuracy and yet freedom of the washes..

Hi Matteo,

Wonderful stuff. Like the Plover images, very nicely painted indeed. Stilts are great too, the watercolour sketches display a great deal of talent...

I don't have any step by step series of pictures yet... but I'll remember that in the future.
Now I can post a couple of things that maybe can help I hope...

Attachments

• IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 74
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back