• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I think I need feedbacks... (1 Viewer)

Thank you Phil (and everybody), I'm glad you appreciated, I had such a great fun that day spent in company of the ibises sketching them... I think you can definitely see it from the pen drawings... Those birds can be really funny, and to me (since I come from Italy) they look something a bit extravagant, maybe from Alice's Wonderland...

Can only agree with Mr.Baber.......!

Love the brilliantly observed....[what Phil calls]...cartoon captures. They appear more Egyptian in nature to me.....[would make a great animation]...:t:

All excellent....

a wonderful page of characters, the pleasure of seeing them contort themselves into all these shapes shines off the page.

Thank you Phil (and everybody), I'm glad you appreciated, I had such a great fun that day spent in company of the ibises sketching them... I think you can definitely see it from the pen drawings... .

That you can Matteo. It's great fun to watch you having fun drawing them. And the watercolor is very nice as well. I'd sure love to have the chance to have them be everyday birds for me.

The barn owl's a really nice piece, showing those comically long legs they have, but the real winner for me is the ibis sketch sheet, great character.

Mike

Just incredible how much of the characteristics of a species can be conveyed with an outwardly 'simple' piece like this. Fantastic!

Just incredible how much of the characteristics of a species can be conveyed with an outwardly 'simple' piece like this. Fantastic!

I think these simple pieces are my favorite of yours Matteo. They combine great powers of observation and sympathy with the birds with a great facility with brush and value. It all adds up to very strong work, and very enjoyable!

I agree with Mike. Your use of "negative painting", using the background wash to define the fine feathers along the edge of the birds silhouette is superb, Matteo. Very nice paintings.

Just been admiring your Ibises, Matteo. Simply superb stuff! I love the beutifully bold lines and life in these. It would be so easy to over-do them, and for me the skill is as much about restraint as it is actually drawing them. These typify, yet again, how some of the finest work can look so deceptively simple.

Russ

I've been starting a new bird journal and this time I included some writings as well, it's been great fun so far!

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 65
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back