• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Feeder Cleaning (1 Viewer)

TheBirdGarden

I don't have the money
All my feeder are Gardman Fliptop feeders and this wonderful welsh weather has made sure they get icky, the annoying thing is I have no idea how to clean em. I know they sell brushes for feeder but I would like to do some thorough cleaning but I can't remove the bottom its really not helpful. Feeders from pound land were easier to clean!

What I am asking is whats the best way of cleaning without the use of chemicals please.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with this feeder but I might try a once a month cleaning/soaking with a solution of one part bleach to 9 parts water to sterilize it, then rinse it throughly. I realize you said you prefer not to use chemicals and thus, you might try a vinegar solution but any way you look at it, cleaning that feeder would be difficult without implementing chemicals of some kind.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back