• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FZ150 successor upcoming? (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
B&H lists the FZ150 as "discontinued by the manufacturer". Does that mean there is a successor imminent?

I noticed a week or two ago that they had listed the camera as discontinued, but they were still selling it in kit form with a memory card, case, and filter.

I took it to mean that they (B&H) were discontinuing selling the camera alone. The kits are now listed as "out of stock".

I don't see any mention of it being discontinued anywhere else.

On my avatar is the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog (from Monty Python and the Holy Grail).

Mike

Last edited:
Panasonic have traditionally done a press release of new FZ series cameras on the 21st July each year for a number of years. Last year was a little different in that they released the FZ45/47 on that date, but the FZ150 didn't appear for about another month. That may have been due to the tsunami, but I really don't know for sure. Anyway, keep your eyes on the 21st July and see what appears.

I noticed a week or two ago that they had listed the camera as discontinued, but they were still selling it in kit form with a memory card, case, and filter.

I took it to mean that they (B&H) were discontinuing selling the camera alone. The kits are now listed as "out of stock".

I don't see any mention of it being discontinued anywhere else.

On my avatar is the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog (from Monty Python and the Holy Grail).

Mike

The "discontinued by the manufacturer" notation on the B&H website is gone now.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, comes out on July 21st.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back