• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

just in case you don't read the Daily Express (1 Viewer)

(And looks like an ongoing bird theme if you look at the other cartoons in the series ... lol)

I suspect the R-b Shrike is in honour of the male currently showing at Hayes, so Paul Thomas cartoonist might be a bit o' a birder

sadly impaling on spikes hasn't been an Olympic event for several thousand years, so I guess its not topical in that respect

Chuckle that Ed...ta for posting...!

ps....i feel physically sick if i get within reading distance of such newspapers....[so you must have a strong constitution to have actually picked the Daily Express up]....:eek!:

pps...hopefully you were wearing rubber gloves at the time or at the very least washed your hands after....;)

All the best...

http://username-beast.blogspot.co.uk/

ps....i feel physically sick if i get within reading distance of such newspapers....[so you must have a strong constitution to have actually picked the Daily Express up]....:eek!:

http://username-beast.blogspot.co.uk/

Well of course after that I had to actually click the link to their home page to see just what I've been missing.;) I didn't stay long.

Good eyes Ed, on seeing the shrike. You must be right about the cartoonist being a bit of a birder.

ps...cartoonists will be having a right good time over the G4S debacle..but i doubt if anymore shrikes will appear....[so well spotted sir...i didn't even see it at first]...!

Unless Chris Packham gets put on the English Baseball team for the olympics ...

... shwike one ...

(ok not funny I know ;) )

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back