• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica-unknowns I (1 Viewer)

maria-TX-BCN

Here some pretty bad pictures of birds that I haven't been ablate ID. I hope some ring a bell to some of you. Any comment on anyone will be greatly appreciated.
All taken last week all near Tamarindo

thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCN0897.jpg
    DSCN0897.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0705.JPG
    DSCN0705.JPG
    723.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0630.JPG
    DSCN0630.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0051.JPG
    DSCN0051.JPG
    457.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN0283.JPG
    DSCN0283.JPG
    368.9 KB · Views: 36
Maybe a Tanager for 1?

First wader is Sempalmated Plover

Based on the width of the breast band, I'd say Wilson's but the bill isn't very big and Collared is far less common?

A

Last edited:
Acording to my guid, Pipping plover is not present in Costa Rica. Another clue for semipalmated is the bright orange legs although the breast band looks very pale

First bird looks most like a juvenile or molting Rose-throated Becard to me but it does indeed look strange.
Plovers are both Semipalmated, Collared has different pattern on head and more narrow breast band among other field marks, Wilson's has larger, dark bill, and doesn't have orange legs.
Yes, Streak-headed- slender, pale, slightly curved bill.
Yes, White-collared female.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back