• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji F30 low light Digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Feathered one

I have been quiet on the forum for a while, nothing outstanding in the way of pictures from me, the weather has been against us.

However I did venture out on to Stanpit Marsh near Christchurch Dorset, late this afternoon. We had rain all day, but it stopped at about 3.30pm. I knew that decent pictures would be out of the question, but I was keen to try the F30 in poor light.

The setup was Nikon ED82 Scope and 30x wide eyepiece with homemade tube adaptor for the F30 camera, which was set on macro.

Sunset was due at 4.18pm

Picture 1 taken at 3.46pm f4.9 at 1/220sec camera zoom 12mm at 200asa
Picture 2 taken at 3.54pm f4.9 at 1/220sec camera zoom 22mm at 800asa
Picture 3 taken at 3.55pm f5.0 at 1/550sec camera zoom 12mm at 800asa
Picture 4 taken at 4.01pm f5.7 at 1/80 sec camera zoom 24mm at 800asa
Picture 5 taken at 4.07pm f5.7 at 1/210 sec camera zoom 24mm at 1600asa

The zoom on the F30 is 8mm-24mm and does not vignet on any setting with the above scope and eyepiece |8)|

None of the pictures have had any noise reduction applied.

I just had to take picture 3, it was through the scope and the cliffs in the background are just under 10 miles away from where I was standing on the marsh.

So having looked at the pictures I am pretty pleased with the capability of the F30 in low light...............do you agree?

Attachments

• DSCF1016aresized.jpg
    DSCF1016aresized.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 381
  • DSCF1032aresized.jpg
    DSCF1032aresized.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCF1034aresized.jpg
    DSCF1034aresized.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCF1045aresized.jpg
    DSCF1045aresized.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 425
  • DSCF1056aresized.jpg
    DSCF1056aresized.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Thanks for putting these on it just shows, the results speak for themselves in poorer light how good this camera is. look forward to seeing more examples.

Pretty damn good 'O Feathered One', considering the time of day and the distance you must have been from them, I think we're all waiting for some decent weather now to get out and really have a go but these show what can be done in the poor weather we're having now.

Best wishes and good luck

John

Indeed nice. Thanks.

Also a question. Could you post a picture of your "homemade tube adaptor"?
I would like to build an adaptor for the ED82 & F30 also.

Best regards, Martijn

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back