• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is it with Egyptian geese ? (1 Viewer)

Karl J

Why do they spend so much time standing in trees ?

Several times now I've spotted either one or a pair standing up a tree. Never seen other geese do this ..... really does look quite bizarre.

Anyone ?

Not just trees
i saw this today at Rutland water on one of the osprey platfoms

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 145
I remember a pair at Strumpshaw attempting to nest in one of the Barn Owl hay stack nest boxes they have there (or used to have). I guess they often nest in tree holes or whatever they find that's similar.

Because they're African - they've got to, what with all the Lions, Hyaenas, Hippos, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

There you are, quietly incubating your clutch on the ground, and along comes an Elephant . . . SPLATTT! Egyptian Goose Omlette

Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back