• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron ES 100 GA ED/45 (1 Viewer)

Hi
I am considering buying an opticron ES 100 GA ED/45 with SLD super zoom. I will be using this for observing and digiscoping. I have looked online for independant reviews but can only find the official blurbe. does anyone have any experience with this scope, I welcome all comments both good and bad.
Thanks.

Chris

Hi
I am considering buying an opticron ES 100 GA ED/45 with SLD super zoom. I will be using this for observing and digiscoping. I have looked online for independant reviews but can only find the official blurbe. does anyone have any experience with this scope, I welcome all comments both good and bad.
Thanks.

Chris
Chris

There are a few people using them.
I did a search:
http://www.birdforum.net/search.php?searchid=8063804

HTH

Thanks for the information.
Considering all and having had some conversations with more experienced birders I have decided to go for the lighter and optically superior Opticron HR80 ED same price as the 100 but as stated lighter and better optics. most people seem to surgest that carrying the 100 would soon become such a chore that i wouldent bother taking it out.

Thanks again
Chris.

Chris are you aware of the offer on this scope from Opticron?

Buy the HR 80 GA ED scope and the SDL zoom eyepiece and get a Birdwatcher's Pro Tripod complete with a Manfrotto 701HDV 2-way composite fluid panhead for free.

I'm tempted infact I was comparing the Opticron today.

hello,
is the ES 100 GA ED a good spotting for astronomy-birding combo instrument? I am looking for a telescope of this type.

thanks,
wachi.

hello,
is the ES 100 GA ED a good spotting for astronomy-birding combo instrument? I am looking for a telescope of this type.

thanks,
wachi.

Hi
I think you will find aswers to your questions on a Finnish site lintuvaruste.fi
On the front page at left you find Finnish word "optiikka-arvosteluja" (reviews of optics in Finnish). On next page you find also at left "in english". Here you have a quite large review of ES 100. It's five years old and the ES 100 model isn't the newest but I think it's still valid.

Rainer

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back