• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hdf or new scope? (1 Viewer)

karpman

Hello,

I know this may have been asked before but here go'es.

I have a Imagic 65mm scope with hr 27 x w Ep.
The question is should i get a Hdf eyepiece probably zoom as thats the only one that fits the mag, i want like 30 x.
Or get a new scope 300 quid and what ever mine sells for?
Was going for a pentax but can't see that working out now.

Cheers
karpman

Without speaking in anymore rhymes!

What i want to know is would a Hdf zoom be a worthwhile update for the imagic or should i just get a better scope?

Problem is i can't got to a shop to try a Hdf EP:<

Karpman

Without speaking in anymore rhymes!

What i want to know is would a Hdf zoom be a worthwhile update for the imagic or should i just get a better scope?

Problem is i can't got to a shop to try a Hdf EP:<

Karpman

I've not used the imagic scope but I did have an IS60 which I added the HDF zoom lens to. There was a noticeable improvement - brigthness, sharpness, less CA but it wasn't a massive leap. I ended up replacing the IS60 with and ES80ED (though I'm now on to the nikon ED82!!).

You could wait until you have the cash for a body and lens upgrade, or if you are happy with Opticron you could go for an improved eyepiece now, then upgrade the body later. Just make sure what ever eyepiece you go for now will be suitable for any future body that you go for.

From experience, if you know that you will stick to birding in the long term, buy the very best you can afford/are willing to pay and then stick to it. My incremental upgrades have probably cost me quite a few quid!

Perry

If your interested, Opticron have an optics demonstration day at Attenborough Nature reserve this sunday the 25th (not too far away from Leicester), you could try some eyepieces then ad compare them first hand for your self. I have done this a few times with them and they are always very helpful

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back