• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (67 Viewers)

You had a good day birding Lawts? Birguides reporting the following from Bardsey;

21:23 24/08/10 Balearic Shearwater W Yorks Bardsey
18 past today; also 7 Sooty Shearwater, 6 Arctic Skua, 4 Great Skuas, a Little Tern, 6 Arctic Terns and 30 Whimbrel

Think they missed the Island bit off?

Ye, also possible Minkie Whale on the river at Wetherby, plus a possible Fea's and 2,000 Manx past - an average seatwatching day in underwatched Wetherby/Bardsey

Well - do you remember the seal at Tadcaster bridge a couple of years ago? Not the first time one has come up as far as there either according to the locals.....

Bit too shallow for a whale most of the time....

Michael

Looks like after the star turn of three Turtle Doves on Monday they have cleared off as I havent seen them since. Was nice while it lasted.

Thanks for the suggestion vwxyzen and Pete. I had considered the Imagic but they're out of my price range. So I'll prolly end up with some Verano's or maybe some Delta's

Hi Ken,
I wrote the review on the Opticrons and can't recommend them highly enough, I'd try and find the extra they will be worth it.

If you really can't find anymore and I'm guessing your budget is less than £300 you'd be better off going secondhand, a few years ago I got a pair of leica 8x32 trinovids for a friend for £150 optically perfect just a small crack in the plastic cover that goes over the hinge mechanism, doesn't affect the use of them at all.

G

27/8/10

15 Little Gulls , 1 Ruff, 1 Greenshank at Hornsea Mere this afternoon, called at Bewholme on my way home for the Common Crane, it was on the side of the pond, it was there for ages preening, then took of and landed in a stubble field on Atwick road, 1 Green Sandpiper on the pond too and a Hobby west over the village ,
27810008.jpg

Redhouse

a few pics from today;Large nos gulls present,nothing unusual and a grey wag but generally quiet

Attachments

• IMG_redhouse0004.jpg
    IMG_redhouse0004.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_redhouse0001.jpg
    IMG_redhouse0001.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_redhouse0003.jpg
    IMG_redhouse0003.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_redhouse0002.jpg
    IMG_redhouse0002.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 44
  • lowl.jpg
    lowl.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Thanks Garry and Andy. As things turned out I've not been able to get down to Denby Dale. Until I can try some bins out it all depends on which can work with specs

New Bins, New problem!!!

Well, finally tried out my new bins yesterday in proper field conditions at old moor (got myself some Hawke Ed 8x43 after around a year of trying out different bins), really impressed compared to my old ones, helped me pick out a yellow wagtail, well, I convinced myself that I would not have caught it with my old ones!!! But soon realised I have a new major problem........... my old scope (kowa TSN2) is so so dull in comparison........aarrgghhh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back