• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any recommendations for a small exterior nestbox camera? (1 Viewer)

Joe.S

Something small that can be moved from one box to another to monitor activity. I've tried with a trail camera but they are quite large.

Today I bought a couple of cheap pinhole 'spy' cameras off ebay that have motion detection. If these fail then I will have a closer look at hacking a conventional camera. It's a good idea. Thanks.

The lenses need to be quite wide angle and firmly mounted. I've had nest box cameras, the 'fixed' variety, that seem to have been kicked out of alignment by some angry parent when I havn't been watching - it gets very frustrating when both parents are constantly feeding a large brood just off camera!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back