• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommended Bird Guide (1 Viewer)

I have just returned from a 14 day trip to Gambia and have photographed a fantastic range of birds including the elusive Finfoot at Georgetown. Our Guide was Ebou Barry of Bird Tours Gambia. He was excellent and found birds at an unbelievable distance and managed to find all my target birds. I am slowly adding my photographs to the Birdforum site. I will be posting a detailed report of my trip and can reccomend Ebou to anyone seeking a first class guide!

His contact details are Mobile (+220) 7161202
email: Email [email protected]
www.birdtoursgambia.com

Also just returned from a trip with Ebou Barry. First class spotter, though perhaps not quite as good a birder as he thinks he is.
Definitely recommended guide for serious birders.

Rob

Also just returned from a trip with Ebou Barry. First class spotter, though perhaps not quite as good a birder as he thinks he is.

Rob

That's an interesting comment! As for Modou Colley, you take as you find. He might be a good birder but he has little in the way of manners.

That's an interesting comment! As for Modou Colley, you take as you find. He might be a good birder but he has little in the way of manners.

I suspect the competitive nature of Gambian bird guiding means a streak of arrogance is a requirement for success. Spotting a pygmy sunbird from a car at 60 mph was extremely impressive however. A few raptor IDs did not stand subsequent scrutiny.

Rob

Rob

Another vote for Ebou Barry. He has his shortcomings but who doesn't? He knows the places and has many contacts which is the main thing. He doesn't own a 'scope or a cool box but he has a 4x4 and a good eye for birds.

Another guide I'd recommend is Baba Bah - Baba623(at)hotmail.com. He's one of the founders of birding in The Gambia and was Ebou's mentor. He's visited the UK and twitched the Cley Pacific Swift and has guided some of our 'well known' UK birders.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back