• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problems: Batbox Baton XD & BatSound (1 Viewer)

LeighCresswell

Hey there!

I have been recording a bunch of bat calls with the Batbox Baton XD bat detector and have just put them into BatSound 4 echolocation analysis software...

For some reason the bat calls have a WAY lower frequency recording than they should have... For example a common pip should have a call around the 45kHz range but on the software it is coming up at around 5kHz... I've screenshot how it looks.

Can someone (hopefully) explain to me how I can adjust the settings on the software so that the frequency is not so low?? I don't see how this would be an equipment problem with the XD as there are no settings on it - just an on an off switch which also acts as a switch to sound expansion.

Please help! I've got over 90hrs of recordings for my dissertation which needs to be analysed!!

Many Thanks,

Leigh

Attachments

• Wrong Frequency.jpg
    Wrong Frequency.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 102
Hi Leigh, I'm not familiar with the equipment, but if they are producing frequency division recordings, then the frequencies will be divided by 10, so just under 5khz equates to just under 50khz,, Common pipistrelle.
If you can stretch the frequency scale on the software from 0 to 15khz, instead of 50+, then the readings will be more accurate, and might look less squashed on the sonogram

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back