• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Sony Alpha (1 Viewer)

TBMike

OK they have announced and shown the new body prototypes. Now they have a very good new sensor announcement. When are the new camera's coming out? Anyone seen anything. I think something to compete with the 40D is looming.

I have been on the Dyxum forum and downloaded a couple of the A700 raw images. Looks like the new ISO 1600 pictures look better noise wise than some of my ISO 400 shots. Detail has improved as expected. Sony has a winner.
Anyone have one on order ? Or have one?

My Sony A100 is in repair. It malfunctioned while I was shooting. The battery I ad in went low and on replacement It ceased to show any setting information. If I took a shot it would flash the picture in the LCD for a few seconds but I could not see them via screen review. Mine was on rev 1.01 of firmware and 1.04 is out now. Hopefully I will have the new firmware when it returns. Despite all this I have decided to stick with it as it''s electronic and it doesn't matter who's name it they will occasionally fail.
I had just got the 70-200mm Sony G lens which is a fabulous lens and works well with their 1.4X converter. To be continued.

Well camera is back. Problem was with switch in the top as it was replaced. Upgraded it now to the new 1.04 firmware. Everything working great again. Man it feels good to have my cameraback. Now to get the PC fixed that crashed the same week. Working on laptop.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back