• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Focus Mechanism Broke APO 62 (1 Viewer)

Greetings,

After returning from the field yesterday, I picked up my APO 62 scope and noticed a little play in the focusing mechanism. The coarse focus would rotate about a quarter inch before anything would start shifting the focus. I played around with it for a second going back and forth, and within about a minute, the coarse focus would simply rotate, not move the fine focus, and would not focus anything. It moves completely freely with no resistance. The fine focus will rotate as normally, but it does nothing to change the scope's focusing. Basically, the entire focusing mechanism is shot.

I live in the US and purchased the scope from B&H used in January or February of 2008. I tried to call Leica USA yesterday, but the lady with whom I needed to speak was out of the office until Tuesday.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Any suggestions on what to do and how much it may cost to fix it? I've purchased other Leica products and have been quite pleased, but this is my first time to need service.

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back