• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blue Tit nesting update (1 Viewer)

david2004

Some of you may remember my thread(s!) about my worries of Blue Tits nesting.

There is a pair nesting in the House Sparrow Terrace. Today I saw what I presume was the male take food in the box and leave quickly. I think the female is incubating eggs. But, the bird went to one of the other nestholes, peered in, and then jumped to the right hand hole (where they seem to be nesting) and went in. I have also seen a pair looking in the entrance holes and going in, and quickly exiting. I even saw a BT go into a different hole, more than once and recently! It is possible that there is more than one pair nesting, or maybe even a situation like Nobby's! Who knows?

In the back garden (a few feet away from the House Sparrow Terrace!) there is another pair nesting, which is fantastic! They are either egg laying or still building the nest.

Is it too late for Blue Tits to start nesting? I have seen one seemingly checking out nestboxes very recently.

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back