• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Sheffield (1 Viewer)

Norbert

Hello everyone - I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now and thought I'd do the honourable thing and join properly. I'm lucky enough to have a large variety of birds in my small suburban garden where I do most of my birding! I have a blue tit nest box in the garden that has been occupied every year for the last 8 years, with the exception of last year for some reason. Currently have 9 eggs in the box, first one laid on Easter Saturday.

Last edited:
Norbert, hello from neighbouring Rotherham - let me wish you a warm welcome to Bird Forum from all the members of admin and the moderating team.

Glad you moved from lurking to joining and we hope to hear more about your birding. I hope you enjoy participating in the discussions.

HI Norbert from another Sheffield birder. My wife and I live on the southern edge of the city near Gleadless. However, we are moving soon.

Welcome to the forum - you will enjoy participating no doubt

Doug

Mark Derren said:
Hiya Norbert,
I'm in the Broomhall area close to the city,where do you go birdin'.
Mark

Hi Mark,
I'm a bit of a part time birder really - mainly just watch the comings and goings of the birds in my garden. Get quite a lot though, about 25 different species. Do you have any suggestions for good places for birding around Sheffield?

Ayup Norbert,
I enjoy the garden aspect too,wish i han 25 different species.The peaks is always a good bet, Derwent,Paddley Gorge Nr Fox House.I made my first visit to Old Moor Reserve recently[details on R.S.P.B website]get there if you can it's great,only half an hour away, £2.50 if your not a member otherwise free.Really good garden bird area viewed from a hide.

Mark Derren said:
Ayup Norbert,
I enjoy the garden aspect too,wish i han 25 different species.The peaks is always a good bet, Derwent,Paddley Gorge Nr Fox House.I made my first visit to Old Moor Reserve recently[details on R.S.P.B website]get there if you can it's great,only half an hour away, £2.50 if your not a member otherwise free.Really good garden bird area viewed from a hide.

Sounds good - think I'll go and visit Old Moor sometime.
It has amazed me how many different birds we get in the garden - although some of those 25 are very occasional, and seasonal, visitors.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back