• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

window feeder for a 6th floor apartment (1 Viewer)

alexandr_mikh

hi there! I guess you have a significant experience in wild birds feeding as well, so maybe you can give me some tips. I have one issue. I live in a pretty rural region (montana) on a 6th floor apartment. There are many trees around and see many birds poking and seeking for some food around. But they never fly by high floor apartments, so i guess they just cannot find my window feeder. How can i attract them? I tried to use different seeds (mainly sunflower seeds). Will appreciate any suggestions!

Hi alexandr and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I too live in a flat (we say first floor here, but I think you'd call it 2nd floor). It took about two months for the first bird to find my feeder. There is no foot traffic below me, so I was able to throw some seed onto the ground, as well as having a neighbour's shed roof within throwing distance, that I could chuck some seed onto, (don't tell him please;)). I don't know if any of this is possible for you though.

They now queue up in the nearby beech hedge waiting for me to feed them.

You might be better to post in the Garden Birds forum, where your question is more likely to be seen by people who may be have a similar scenario.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back