• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone seen a Kowa 8x32? (1 Viewer)

Luca said:
Anyone seen a Kowa 8x32?
They seem like a decent binocular, judging by their specifications.

I tried a Kowa BD 8x32 once briefly. It was some time ago, so my memories of it have faded a bit.

But I remember it was very interesting. The ergonomics were very good and it fit my average sized (or smallish?) hands very well. The focus action was very smooth. Close focus was very short, much shorter than most models (1,5 m or 5 ft. approximately). They were compact and not very heavy. (560g /20oz.)

I don't remember exactly how good the optics were. Probably quite good for the price. The shopkeeper said they are the best in their price range (at least here in Finland).

In fact, I think I'm going back to take another look at them. Thanks for the reminder! :bounce:

Marko

Hi Luca

When I was looking for a pair of bins I wanted a pair that was not to big and heavy because I want them in my backpack when looking for insects or just taking a walk in the nature. So for some time ago I tried a pair of Zeiss Conquest and pretty much decided upon this. When I went back to bye them I also tried a pair of Kamakura and the Kowa 8x32. I ended up buying the Kowa due to the overall size, and especially the size of the eyepiece lens because I have glasses. Now I have tried them out during the weekend and I am happy with the buy.

Fredrik

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back