• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alpha Dust better than China dust? (1 Viewer)

newfie ghost

I know there was a thread about this a while back, but how many people have had dust or lint inside their binocular? I think we need an update.

I had two. Sent the first one back and the second one had dust as well. How much did it cost? $100 , $500 how about $2000! Alpha dust- what a fix!

Oddly enough, I haven't seen any dust in any other bin. Even cheap glass.

QUALITY CONTROL ANYONE???????? :C

BTW I haven't seen China dust, so alpha dust must be better

Last edited:
The only bins I owned that had dust in them that I remember we're two Nikon SE 8x32s....not counting the vintage porros that I would expect to find dust in.

Oh.. i have a some Chinese dust at the moment. But from my experience, Alpha dust is a touch sharper and a bit brighter than Chinese dust. But Chinese dust is right on the heals of Alpha dust.... but quite a bit cheaper.

Bill

I've also noticed that Porro dust is superior to roof dust. :eat:

Oh.. i have a some Chinese dust at the moment. But from my experience, Alpha dust is a touch sharper and a bit brighter than Chinese dust. But Chinese dust is right on the heals of Alpha dust.... but quite a bit cheaper.

Bill

You'd think the Alphas would at least include a vacume cleaner!

The chinese seem to have ripped me off. No dust!?

The alpha I had, the warranty was so good, they included more dust in the replacement.

All jokes aside I was very upset and sent a nasty email.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back